Our certified instructors deliver training programs to communities, industries, and educational institutions. Drawing on several decades of wildfire experience Strategic delivers a quality educational curriculum that is a mixture of classroom and field exercises.
- We offer basic and advanced wildfire management courses,
- Training can be delivered at Strategic facilities or at your location/camp,
- Training programs can be custom tailored to meet clients training requirements and budgets,
- Intensive training weeks are designed to produce top quality wildland firefighters,
- We are able to deliver and custom create other Natural Resource Management Courses drawing from our in house professional team of GIS Technicians, Engineers, Foresters, Parks and Recreation Specialists
Here are some of the courses that we offer at Strategic Wildfire. The two most popular are the S-100 and S-100A. We also offer a host of miscellaneous courses listed below. If you have any inquires please contact us.
Basic Fire Suppression and Safety
The S-100 Basic Wildfire Suppression and Safety is required by WorkSafe BC for workers whose jobs may expose them to a wildfire. The main purpose is to give workers knowledge of wildfire behaviour, basic wildfire suppression and safe practices. This course is delivered over two days. Day One is classroom (theory) and Day Two is in the field (practical exercise). The course is valid for one year, and then requires an annual re-currency course (S-100A).
Join one of our predetermined course dates or contact us for a custom delivery.
If you require the S-100 or the annual refresher training, send us an email.
Basic Fire Suppression and Safety Annual refresher
The S-100A is an annual recurrency training program, required by WorkSafe BC for workers whose jobs may expose them to a wildfire. The main purpose is to give workers knowledge of wildfire behaviour, basic wildfire suppression and safe practices. A prerequisite for S-100A is that candidates must have taken S-100 previously.
- S-185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance and Safety
- S-212 Fire Line communications
- S-213 Use of Bulldozers and Heavy Equipment
- S-215 Structure Protection
- S-230 Introduction to Supervision
- S-232 Portable Pumps and Water Delivery Systems
- S-235 Burn Off and Backfiring
- S-241 Fire Assessment
- S-270 Basic Helicopter Safety
- ICS 100 Incident Command System
- ICS 200 Incident Command System
- Restricted Radio Operators Licence (Aviation and Marine)
- WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Type 1 Fire Crew Member, AB Firetack